Disclaimer: There are amazon affiliate links included on this post. If you make a purchase from the link I will make a couple shiny nickels and dimes. These are products I have bought and use for myself for several years now.
Welcome to the first Munchies Monday recipe review. My vision for Munchies Monday is sharing reviews of different healthy recipes that I have tried and liked to give you new ideas for how to keep your diet on track while still loving what you eat. I like this recipe because the ingredient list is things I often have available in my pantry so no special grocery trip is necessary.
Today’s recipe review is a deliciously fudgey Anabolic Brownie Cookie that was made by youtuber Remington James. He frequently shares plenty of delicious recipes that are high in protein and low in calories, so he is worth checking out. I am sure he has made something that will catch your eye.
Let’s keep this short and sweet since nobody wants to read paragraphs on paragraphs before getting to the recipe (cough every recipe website cough). The best part of this recipe is how fudgie they are. Tearing into one of these bad boys will have you drooling over the gooeyness of them. They have a very rich chocolate taste and consistency to them.
The best part of these brownie cookies is that you will not be able to tell they are healthy based on the taste and consistency. While they are not the same as a normal brownie that is loaded with sugar and fat, they are very close and can curb your craving without the guilty feeling. Plus, since they are loaded with protein and fiber, they will keep full for a long time. The best part is if you wanted to, you could eat these for breakfast and feel good doing it. Definitely give these a shot.
(If you are like me with a broken food scale, you can take a rough shot at measuring out the ingredients based on the serving size information on the nutrition label for each ingredient. They will give you a weight based off the volume)
- 60 g white flour
- 31g chocolate whey protein powder (I use Chocolate Milk Combat Powder)
- 20g unsweetened baking cocoa powder
- 10g zero calorie sweetener (I use Stevia because it is natural)
- 3g baking powder
- 1 large egg
- 42g fat free Greek yogurt
- Completely mix the dry ingredients in a bowl
- Completely mix the wet ingredients in a bowl
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients. It will seem like there are not enough wet ingredients for the dry ingredients but there are. Just takes a bit of elbow grease to blend it to a fudgie consistency. Getting a workout in while you cook!
- Use parchment paper on a baking sheet and hit it with a quick spray of nonstick spray. Create 6 doe balls on the parchment paper. You will need to wet your hands before working with the doe because it is extremely sticky.
- Cook in the oven at 350° for 4-5 minutes. They will probably be good to go after 4 minutes to keep the fudgie consistency. Once you take them out of the oven, use a fork to lightly press down on the balls to turn them into a cookie shape.
- Let them cool for a few minutes and then enjoy!
Nutrition Info (for all 6 cookies)
- 496 calories
- 8g fat
- 44g protein
- 62g carbs
- 10g fiber