It’s everyone’s favorite day of the week, which means it is time for another Munchies Monday. I haven’t had my coffee yet today so let’s just jump straight into it.
Today, we are looking at one of the tastiest recipes I have tried so far. This Smore’s Skillet, inspired by youtuber, Remington James, tastes delicious and gooey, while being a fraction of the calories of its counterpart that you would get at a restaurant. Try it with some delicious anabolic ice cream for a real tasty treat that will help you crush cravings guilt free. Trust me. You want to try this one.
When you try most healthy alternatives to a normal sugar and fat heavy recipe, you can at least somewhat tell that they are a healthy alternative. This isn’t a bad thing and having a 7/10 recipe that saves you several hundred calories can be enough to crush the craving for the 10/10 treat that it is replacing. However, that is not the case with this recipe. If you did not know it was healthy, you would think it is the exact unhealthy treat you are craving.
A lot of the volume comes from the canned pumpkin, which is a great way to add volume to your food with minimal extra calories, but you won’t even taste the pumpkin.
This baby is delicious and gooey, making it an amazing treat. For only 524 calories for the entire skillet, you really cannot go wrong with this treat. I had three of my friends give this a shot as well and they also could not tell that it was a healthier alternative until after I told them. The warm gooeyness mixed with the delicious smores and brownie taste is a killer combo. Give it a shot. You won’t be disappointed.
- 3/4 Cup Canned Pumpkin
- 1/8 Cup All Purpose Flour
- 60g Protein Powder (I used 2 scoops of Chocolate Peanut Butter Combat Powder)
- 2 TBSP Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 2 TBSP Sugar Free Chocolate Syrup
- 1 Whole Graham Cracker
- ~1/3 cup Mini Marshmallows
- 2g Baking Powder
- 5g Zero Calorie Sweetener (I used Stevia)
- Mix all ingredients together into a creamy consistency (besides graham crackers and marshmallows).
- Quick hit of non-stick spray into a small, oven safe skillet and add all the batter into the skillet.
- Add the graham crackers and marshmallow in an Instagram worthy pattern around the top of the skillet
- Bake at 350° for 11-15 minutes (11 is more gooey, 15 is firmer)
- Take out, let cool as long as you can tolerate (5 minutes will do), and enjoy.
Nutrition (whole skillet):
- Calories: 524
- Protein: 54g
- Carbs: 59g
- Fat: 8g
Disclaimer: There are amazon affiliate links included on this post. If you make a purchase from the link I will make a couple shiny nickels and dimes. These are products I have bought and use for myself for several years now.