Disclaimer: There are amazon affiliate links included on this post. If you make a purchase from the link I will make a couple shiny nickels and dimes. These are products I have bought and use for myself for several years now.
Welcome back to another Munchies Monday! Today we are looking at a healthy protein packed recipe for my favorite donut: the apple fritter.
This healthy alternative to an apple fritter took me a couple tries to get right because my air fryer kept trying to burn them. Eventually I got it right using my oven and they came out deliciously. I will be the first to admit that they are not as sweet as the sugar loaded one and they do not have the melt in your mouth feel of a sugar loaded apple fritter. However, these are still very good and are much denser and have a cakey consistency to them. This means that they left me feeling full and satisfied for a few hours.
In total, I made 6 of these bad boys and shared them with all my roommates and they get their seal of approval. Each of them wanted to only try a quarter of one at first but they came back and finished off a whole fritter each. Each of us would happily make this simple recipe again. If you got a craving for an apple fritter, this will scratch your itch and leave you full and satisfied. I will definitely have them again.
- 30g All Purpose Flour
- 30g Protein Powder (I used Vanilla Combat Powder)
- 24g Swerve Brown Sugar (zero calories. Tastes just like brown sugar)
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp Nutmeg
- 1/3 Medium Apple
- 1 tbs Butter
- 3 tbs Fat Free Greek Yogurt
- 4 tbs Stevia
- 1 tbs water
- Cut apple into 1cm cubes or smaller
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl
- Split dough into two apple fritters or keep as one large one. Quick hit of non-stick spray on baking sheet
- Cook in air fryer @ 375 for 12-15 minutes or in an oven @ 375 for 20-25 minutes.
Recipe makes 1 large fritter or 2 medium. Nutrition is for 1 large fritter
- 510 calories
- 32g protein
- 88g carbs
- 3g fat