Welcome back to another Munchies Monday. Today, we are looking at a healthy, low calorie, high protein version of Chick-Fil-A Chicken Nuggets. If you are tired of plain chicken breast and looking for a way to make it delicious, give this recipe a try!
These nuggets were delicious. All the flavorings of the seasonings and pickle juice soak come together to make a tangy, sweet, and spicy nugget with a bit of crunch from the air fryer. They were so good I will be up-sizing the recipe and incorporating them into my meal prep rotation.
They may not have the same texture and crunch as the breaded Chick-Fil-A nuggets but they have enough to give that feeling. Without the breading and oil, these nuggets are also a fraction of the calories. That basically makes them only the calories of the chicken breast itself. Plus, the chicken breast stays very moist, better than the Chick-Fil-A nuggets in my opinion.
- 250g 1″ cubed chicken breast
- 100g Pickle Juice
- 40g Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 2.5 Salt
- 2.5g Pepper (add 1g for spicy nuggets)
- 2.5g Garlic Powder
- 1.g Paprika (add 1 g for spicy nuggets)
- 2g Zero Calorie Sweetener (I used Stevia. You can skip this ingredient if you want but I think it brings it all together)
- Combine the pickle juice, almond milk, and chicken breast in a container. Put in the fridge for at least 120 minutes. After the soak, drain mixture so just the chicken breast is left.
- Mix the salt, pepper, garlic powder, paprika, and sweetener in a bowl.
- Roll the chicken cubes in the spice mixture, evenly coating the entire cube.
- Place the cubes in an air fryer @ 400 for 8-12 minutes or in an oven @ 400 for 16-20 minutes
Nutrition: (for whole recipe)
- 275 Calories
- 58g Protein
- 3g Fat
- 0g Carbs