Disclaimer: There are amazon affiliate links included on this post. If you make a purchase from the link I will make a couple shiny nickels and dimes. These are products I have bought and use for myself for several years now.
Welcome back to another Munchies Monday. Today we are reviewing a delicious Anabolic French Toast by youtuber, bodybuilder, and coach: Greg Doucette. Greg has two cookbooks out filled with low calorie density foods that are delicious. This recipe comes from his first one. Check Greg out. He has solid content and a very approachable, sustainable mindset for health and fitness.
My favorite recipes are the ones where the food is so good that you feel like you are cheating on your diet. This is one of those recipes. It tastes like I am eating a dessert for breakfast. It feels so bad but it is so, so good.
This recipe is super simple and packed with protein to make sure you feel full for hours after. Add some toppings, like fresh fruit, zero-sugar syrup, and Walden Farms chocolate syrup and you are in for a treat. You can even double/triple up the recipe and store the egg white mixture for a few days to save yourself time each morning. Give this one a shot and I promise you will not be disappointed. Lose weight, eat healthy, and enjoy doing it.
- 4 Slice Regular White Bread (any bread will work. I look at nutrition labels for lowest calories. Or you can use protein bread)
- 6-8 egg whites (cartons of egg whites are even more time efficient)
- 1 Shake of Cinnamon
- ½ TBS of Zero-Calorie Sweetener (I use Stevia because it is natural)
- ¼ TSP of Vanilla Extract
- Ideas for Toppings:
- Combine the egg whites, cinnamon, zero-calorie sweetener, and vanilla extract in a bowl. Double/triple the recipe here if you want to store it for the next day or two to save time.
- Dip the bread in the mixture, flipping repeatedly until it starts to feel flimsy. Try to let it soak up as much egg white as possible to maximize the protein.
- Add a quick hit of nonstick spray to a pan on medium heat and cook the bread for 3-5 minutes on the first side and then flip. Cook until done.
- Add your toppings and enjoy the delicious, high protein breakfast. I like to mix the greek yogurt, half scoop of vanilla or chocolate protein powder, and microwaved frozen fruit in a bowl to create a protein heavy icing. It’s delicious.
4 Slices French Toast (no toppings):
- 415 calories
- 41g protein
- 3g fat
- 56g carbs
- 2g fiber
- Walden Farms Chocolate Syrup: 0 calories
- Zero-Sugar Syrup: 5 calories per 2 TBSP
- Dollop Greek Yogurt: 30 calories
- Fresh/Frozen Fruit: 30 calories per ⅓ cup (make sure you get no sugar added fruit)
- Whipped Cream: 50 calories for 1-2 second spray